1. IGB shall receive the application from the promoters of the project and after
scrutiny of the application form, shall forward the application with relevant
documents to the concerned Departments' immediately in not more than three
2. Each Department shall set up a fast track mechanism and ensure that the time limits
prescribed are followed scrupulously.
3. For the 'Green Category' units the IGB itself shall give the 'In Principle approval
and keep the progress informed to the IPC. Normally only orange or red category unit
applications shall be placed before the IPC by the IGB. It shall also follow up with
the 'Nodal Officers' to ensure that the permanent registration of units in green category
is completed within stipulated time. Any delay shall be brought to the notice of the IPC
forthwith by the IGB.
4. All the application forms shall be placed by the IGB on the Industries Department
Website in a downloadable format. The status of each application shall also be indicated
in the same Website on a weekly basis. The Escort Officers of the Directorate of Industries
and Commerce shalkl ensure that the information pertaining to pending applications with
various Departments is updated in the Website at least once every week.
5. The IGB shall strive to forward the common application forms electronically. In case
of statutory requirements such electronic forwarding of applications shall be followed with
6. There shall be a team of staff dedicated to the operation and updating of the
Website in the Industries Department headed by the Deputy Director (Technical) which
shall ensure that the information in the department Website is up to date.
7. The IPC shall scrutinize the applications and give on the spot 'In Principle'
clearance to applications. In cas any clarifications are required the entrepreneur may
be in attendance so that a clear view emanates. All the members of the IPC shall attend
the meeting without fail, which shall be held once in three weeks and the IGB shall
inform the members with the agenda at least 5 working days in advance.
8. The Regional committees under the chairmanship of the Regional Administrators shall
continue to fuonction in cases of green category units. For red and orange category units,
the registration process shall be through the IGB at Headquaters.
9. All members shall attend the meeting positively either in person or by deputing an
officer sho is competent to take decisions regarding the agenda items. Once a decision is
taken in the IPC meeting, it shall be obligatory on the part of the Department concerned
to comply with the decision without any deviation within the overall timelimit prescribed.
10. All departments should process the applications simultaneously and adhere to the time
limits as per the annexure. For red and orange category units also permission/ clearances
shall be issued after the cases are cleared 'In Principle' by the IPC within the overall
allotted time of 30 days as per annexure-I.
11. Once the 'In-Principle approval is accorded in the IPC meeting, the IGB shall
communicate the approval to the promoter within three days from the actual date of
12. If any proposal is required to be placed before the Cabinet for its approval, for
better coordination, the IGB shall prepare the agenda with emphasis on the issue which
requires Cabinet approval and get it placed before the Cabinet for approval.
13. Applications received by the Departments through IGB shall be processed and final
decision shall be arrived as per the provisions of the Department within the prescribed
number of days.
14. The Committee for industrial promotion/clearances under the chairmanship of Chief
Secretary shall be appraised of the process of the functioning of the IGB on a