The scheme envisages imparting training in silk weaving. The
objective is to revamp the silk weaving industry and to generate employment.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Training
1. Age: Between 18 and 35 years
2. Education: No formal educational qualification is required
3. Residence: Must be native of Union Territory of Puducherry
(or) continuous resident for three years.
4. Period of training: One year
5. Time of submission of application: Month of August (Advt. will be
floated in local dailies during July)
6. Commencement of training: In the month of December
Stipend to Trainees:
Rs 1500/- per month
The master craftsperson will be paid an honorarium of Rs 500/- per trainee
per month subject to a maximum of Rs.5000/- per month and Rs.500/- per
trainee per month towards compensation for wastage of raw materials subject
to a maximum of Rs.5000/- per month.
Application Form for Training (Download)